Saturday, August 25, 2012

Stupid Drivers!

Sorry I've been gone, this is why:


Yep, I was in a car accident Tuesday morning. 

Headed down a two-lane highway that cuts through a stretch of woods, and this car decides to pull into an abandoned house's yard to turn around by backing out into the highway. I came around a blind curve, and....well, my car isn't so pretty anymore. 

What upset me the most is that I've only made two payments on this car. Is there some weird voodoo surrounding new vehicles that make them attractive to bad stuff? 

Anyway, I've been working with insurance all week long trying to get the car fixed. I'll be posting more soon; I've already had a Halloween haul, and the house is almost ready for pictures!

Please send out positive thoughts to me so this doesn't happen again.

8 comments:

  1. Two-lane highway, stretch of woods, abandoned house - they all sounds wonderfully creepy and like things that should have brought you good karma - not this! Positive thoughts currently headed your way ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that happened. I know you just got the car. I hope it all works out for you and yes, I'm looking forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the first thing I said when I got out was that I had only made two payments on it!

      Delete
  3. I always say cars are just metal and plastic as long as you are not hurt, that’s the main thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, App'y. I was sore afterward from when I braced myself, but otherwise ok.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry that happened! I hope you're not hurt. Did insurance pay for the damage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working with their insurance now, it seems like they will, but I haven't had an appraiser come survey the damage yet.

      Delete