Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goth Color Blocking

I don't know how many of you keep up with the mainstream and their fashion fads; I don't normally myself save for what I see people wearing on the street, but there is one that a fashion-forward friend of mine wrote an article about in our college newspaper when I was its Editor-in-Chief (this has been a couple of semesters ago) that I rather liked and wanted to try.

It's called color blocking, and basically uses contrasting colors paired together to make a statement. There is an article explaining it more thoroughly here. The overall effect is striking, if not slightly daunting, so I thought there had to be a way of Gothing it up.

So voila, here it is: Goth Color Blocking!


 




































Ok, so it's still mostly black, but I've managed to splash in some purple, green, pink, and yellow.



















This top I got from Walmart last Halloween, the skeleton bat necklace is from Spencer's.



















Skirt is from Hot Topic, it's Tripp.



















Tights are from Walmart, last Halloween as well. Shoes are Iron Fist, from HT I think. No one does high heels like Iron Fist!



And for no apparent reason, the term Goth Color Blocking made me think of this video, enjoy!

1 comment: